Buying XCP on FreeWallet

Hi there, is the DEX currently functional? I’m using the desktop freewallet client on MacOS. I’ve purchased full access and have attempted to buy XCP with BTC a couple of times and the orders should be matching. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Yes the DEX is functional in freewallet desktop, No you do not need to buy a FULLACCESS anymore.

Buying something with BTC in on the DEX is a bit different than other assets on the dex in that you need to leave your freewallet desktop wallet OPEN to detect order matches and send BTC payment for the order matches within 20 blocks… otherwise the BTC order match will expire and the asset will go to the next person.

If your trying to SELL something for BTC, you can just set your sell order and forget about it… it is only BUYING something with BTC on the DEX that requires some additional steps.

Freewallet comes with Auto-BTCpay support, so when you place a buy order for BTC, you will be notified that you need to keep the wallet open, and you will need to check a box saying you understand that fact before you allowed to place the order.

TL;DR, leave freewallet desktop open if you want to buy something with BTC on the DEX

Thank you - bought a fullaccess token to support anyways. Thanks for all the great work you’re doing!

1 Like

Hello, I’ve just started using the DEX and Dispensers via Freewallet, and although the DEX orders with BTC appear difficult, dispenser transactions go pretty smoothly.

FWIW I just put up a dispenser for 265 XCP for a total price of 0.01 BTC. I plan to send more XCP over to freewallet from Zaif if the dispenser is emptied.

Good luck,

Thank you IJIN, please let me know if you send more.

Did you pick up those XCP? Nice. I suggest you also join the Counterparty Telegram Chat group. There is a bit more activity over there. Good to see interest in the project!!!

How much more on the dispenser were you planning to put up? Thanks so much and will join the telegram - thanks!

Hey! I sent over a few thousand more XCP, and I am thinking of doing lots of 1000 at a time. If those go I’ll pick up more at Zaif and sent them over.

Thanks, I don’t seem to see them yet on the open dispensers. What price did you place?

Hi I haven’t put the XCP dispenser up yet. I requested a withdrawal from zaif, but I think they have to manually remove them from cold storage. I should have it up in a day or two.

Hi! Never use Freewallet!
It’s a total scam!
They can block your account without any notification, and steal your assets.
There is a website about freewallet scam with many information about victims and their fraud activities. That’s why I sincerely suggest not to use this “service”

This user is specifically referencing Freewallet dot org (i will not link it here) which is not supported nor recommended by any users or on the Counterparty website.

Freewallet.io is developed by Jdog (a developer in the Community for many years)

You can find the official documentation for Freewallet (Developed by Jdog) at Freewallet.io

The User Manual and FAQ have been documented here in the Freewallet User Manual and FAQ.

You can find the open-source code and all the details for each release at the official Freewallet github.

freewalletscam is correct in labeling “freewallet dot org” as a scam, but Freewallet.io is an entirely different open-source application and its the most legit wallet for Counterparty you can use at the moment.

Remember you can also always use Counterwallet.io and other Counterparty wallets like rpw.wtf and rarepepewallet.com

See more listed here: Wallets | Counterparty

Yes. Sorry for not meaning the exact wallet. I didn’t find any issues for Freewallet IO. But I strongly not reccomend anyone to use Freewallet ORG. We have dozens of proves that Freewallet org is not good and scams customers!

By the way, we found real Freewallet org owners.
Many users still think that Alvin Hagg is a co-founder and CEO of Freewallet app project.
But the real persons who stand behind this scam likely are Dmitry Gunyashov and Vasilii Mesheryakov from Russia.
Check more info about Freewallet owners here: https://freewalletreviews.org/who-is-behind-the-biggest-cryptocurrency-scams-of-2023/