Why do I need small amounts of Bitcoin to do things?

Counterparty builds directly on top of the Bitcoin network, and every Counterparty transaction is a Bitcoin transaction as well. This means that Counterparty transactions are just as secure as Bitcoin transactions.

Because of this, Counterparty transactions must pay a small BTC fee to the Bitcoin miners for each transaction sent. Beyond being a sign of our commitment to the health of the Bitcoin network, this allows Counterparty transactions to be given a high priority and be confirmed quickly.

If speed of confirmation is not as important to you as the fee amount paid, note that it is possible to have lower fees in Counterparty, especially involving bulk sends. Ultimately Counterparty will support microtransactions.

If you’re here because you’ve encountered the “Insufficient BTC at address …” while trying to send BTC out of your wallet, please take a look at this page.

NOTE: there are Alternative Counterparty wallets that allow you to set your own (lower or higher) transaction fee. Most of them work with the same pass phrase that Counterwallet uses so no “migration” is necessary - they let you access the same addresses and accomplish Send operations faster or cheaper (because you can set the transaction fee or transaction priority to a higher or lower value).

2 Likes

How much money do i need to withdraw 13 sjcx ?
0.1 btc ? 1 btc ? 100 btc ??
counterwallet want more and more btc, and more…
It’s an evil joke ?

1 Like

Same for me. I keep funding more and more BTC to move my SJCX and it keeps upping the minimum. When will it let me get my coins out?

One user was successful using rarepepewallet.com instead

Yes I also face this problem. Mother fucker counterparty.

In new transaction can you try setting from Normal Priority to Custom Fee and try e.g. 10 sat/byte?

Yep, that has been one of workarounds (use another wallet) mentioned here.

1 Like

What’s the situation regarding BTC charges as of June 28th,2018? Is there anyway to sell SJCX and get BTC?