This forum thread is being added here in order to convey the state of the Counterparty Project to any who have an interest. Recent discussions and individual decisions has resulted in the need to transparently summarize an important change to how the Counterparty project will proceed.
It is in the best interest to dissolve the “foundation” and all members who were voted as foundation directors have either agreed or have already excused themselves. The following decisions represent the foundation’s final voting consensus:
- Foundation agrees to pay outstanding debts (Devon=$5,786.30, Rebekah=$750).
- Foundation will return general funds to those who request in next 60 days (only to those who can prove they donated). Please send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org to start the process.
- Any remaining funds left in the general fund after 60 days will be applied towards future CIPs.
- Foundation is no longer a legal entity and there are currently no plans to renew the foundation entity.
- Counterparty now operates as an open-source project with no foundation or general fund.
This change is effective immediately.
Devon Weller (@deweller) was the only paid developer and will no longer continue working on Counterparty (BTC) as a paid or volunteer developer. His decision is understandable, respected and accepted. Devon has been an invaluable resource since the project’s beginnings and especially in the last several months with critical high quality contributions. Thank you, Devon and good luck on your next challenge.
The project will continue as an open source software project and anyone is able to participate as a volunteer or get paid with bounty funds as per CIP8
Any discussion regarding this announcement can proceed here and I will refrain from adding personal comments in this OP.