Milestone goals, request for help, build errors, social tipping

Hey everybody, I’m working on a project which you can read about here: Project Proposal - Google Docs

I’ve been trying to setup a test counterparty server to implement these milestone achievements but am getting a build error with bitcoind saying the SSL certificate is expired for bitcoin.org. With this issue it seems wget is being called in the federatednode script and not from path, in otherwords I can remove wget but it is still executed when running fednote install base master.

My goals are:

• Automate process of issuing 10,000 coins every 3 months from server, perhaps Cron job
  • Develop social tipping bots for Twitter and Twitch

If I can get the first one accomplished it will be a good day!

1 Like

To update; I reached out to a friend, and they suggested looking for the Python path. No good - I couldn’t find anything with the following commands:
cerebus@DESKTOP-6PU1TQ9:~$ env |grep PYTHON
cerebus@DESKTOP-6PU1TQ9:~$ env |grep python

I found that “which python wget” returns “/usr/bin/wget” and so I edited the /etc/wgetrc accordingly. However, the exact command in the python script is “/bin/sh -c wget -O bitcoin-${BITCOIN_VER}-x86_64-linux-gnu.tar.gz https://bitcoin.org/bin/bitcoin-core-${BITCOIN_VER}/bitcoin-${BITCOIN_VER}-x86_64-linux-gnu.tar.gz” which I can’t seem to pass --no-check-certificate to. I’ve moved the executable to wgett and created a shell script which calls that program and passes the variable to it, but interestingly the script fails out with the same error. Even after removing the script and leaving the renamed executable, the script fails out with the same error.

Interestingly, before I could get the script to this point I had to remove logname and create a symbolic link to whoami, because the prior just wouldn’t return a username…

Any advice you could lend is greatly appreciated, this seems like an especially simple error to be stuck at… but maybe I’m wrong.

Having the same issue.

1 Like

We will look into this issue and work on getting it fixed… in the meantime this will get you past the issue

1.) edit federatednode/extras/docker/bitcoin/Dockerfile

2.) Comment out the following line (put a # at the start of the line)
#RUN wget --no-check-certificate -O bitcoin-${BITCOIN_VER}-x86_64-linux-gnu.tar.gz https://bitcoin.org/bin/bitcoin-core-${BITCOIN_VER}/bitcoin-${BITCOIN_VER}-x86_64-linux-gnu.tar.gz

3.) Add the following line directly after the above line
RUN wget --no-check-certificate -O bitcoin-${BITCOIN_VER}-x86_64-linux-gnu.tar.gz http://j-dog.net/files/bitcoin-${BITCOIN_VER}-x86_64-linux-gnu.tar.gz

I went ahead and downloaded the bitcoin source code directly to my personal server, and then updated the Dockerfile to download the bitcoin source code directly from my personal server.

This is a temporary fix to get you past the issue until we figure out a more permanent solution.

1 Like

Thank you kindly for the acknowledgement and suggested fix! I’ll try it out and report back how we’re doing.

1 Like

The fix worked for that issue. Following installation the next problem I faced was drive space. Apparently a half a terabyte is not enough space for the entire ledger, so I went to a 1TB SSD and the increased speed and added storage made a HUUUUUGE difference in user experience.

Thank you for the fix!

Presently, the challenges I’m trying to overcome are;

1. Automating coin issuance. We’d like to automatically issue 10,000 Ethermorg every 3 months, by… cron job?
  2. Creating a dispenser from this node.
    and after all that
  3. Creating a variety of bots for social tipping.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thank you again for your support so far.

Now it’s failing out at phantomjs, I searched this site for any threads about this but nothing since '16.

Step 36/51 : RUN npm install --unsafe-perm -g mocha-phantomjs
 ---> Running in bdab53847fd9
npm WARN deprecated mkdirp@0.3.5: Legacy versions of mkdirp are no longer supported. Please update to mkdirp 1.x. (Note that the API surface has changed to use Promises in 1.x.)
npm WARN deprecated request@2.36.0: request has been deprecated, see https://github.com/request/request/issues/3142
npm WARN deprecated npmconf@0.0.24: this package has been reintegrated into npm and is now out of date with respect to npm
npm WARN deprecated ini@1.1.0: Please update to ini >=1.3.6 to avoid a prototype pollution issue
npm WARN deprecated node-uuid@1.4.8: Use uuid module instead
npm WARN deprecated hawk@1.0.0: This module moved to @hapi/hawk. Please make sure to switch over as this distribution is no longer supported and may contain bugs and critical security issues.
npm WARN deprecated cryptiles@0.2.2: This version has been deprecated in accordance with the hapi support policy (hapi.im/support). Please upgrade to the latest version to get the best features, bug fixes, and security patches. If you are unable to upgrade at this time, paid support is available for older versions (hapi.im/commercial).
npm WARN deprecated hoek@0.9.1: This version has been deprecated in accordance with the hapi support policy (hapi.im/support). Please upgrade to the latest version to get the best features, bug fixes, and security patches. If you are unable to upgrade at this time, paid support is available for older versions (hapi.im/commercial).
npm WARN deprecated boom@0.4.2: This version has been deprecated in accordance with the hapi support policy (hapi.im/support). Please upgrade to the latest version to get the best features, bug fixes, and security patches. If you are unable to upgrade at this time, paid support is available for older versions (hapi.im/commercial).
npm WARN deprecated sntp@0.2.4: This module moved to @hapi/sntp. Please make sure to switch over as this distribution is no longer supported and may contain bugs and critical security issues.
/usr/bin/mocha-phantomjs -> /usr/lib/node_modules/mocha-phantomjs/bin/mocha-phantomjs

> phantomjs@1.9.7-15 install /usr/lib/node_modules/mocha-phantomjs/node_modules/phantomjs
> node install.js

invalid configloglevel="notice"
Downloading http://cnpmjs.org/downloads/phantomjs-1.9.7-linux-x86_64.tar.bz2
Saving to /tmp/phantomjs/phantomjs-1.9.7-linux-x86_64.tar.bz2
Receiving...

Error requesting archive.
Request options: {
  "uri": "http://cnpmjs.org/downloads/phantomjs-1.9.7-linux-x86_64.tar.bz2",
  "encoding": null,
  "followRedirect": true,
  "headers": {},
  "strictSSL": false
}
Response headers: {
  "date": "Sat, 02 Apr 2022 12:17:09 GMT",
  "content-type": "text/html; charset=utf-8",
  "content-length": "4287",
  "connection": "close",
  "vary": "Accept-Encoding",
  "x-current-requests": "1",
  "x-readtime": "0"
}
Make sure your network and proxy settings are correct.

If you continue to have issues, please report this full log at https://github.com/Medium/phantomjs
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! phantomjs@1.9.7-15 install: `node install.js`
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR! 
npm ERR! Failed at the phantomjs@1.9.7-15 install script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     /root/.npm/_logs/2022-04-02T12_17_09_535Z-debug.log
ERROR: Service 'counterwallet' failed to build: The command '/bin/sh -c npm install --unsafe-perm -g mocha-phantomjs' returned a non-zero code: 1

I’m trying to install the Full Master now after successfully installing Base Master (not Bass Master)

Should I open a new thread for this one?