Decentralized Baduk/Go Betting

Does anyone else think there might be an audience for decentralized baduk/go betting on tournaments and pro matches?

There certainly is, but I'd also ask how large and whether revenue from it can sustain the effort (if the idea is to profit from it).

I think if its a simple page with the top 3 tournament games, it could be close to free.

Interesting. I don't follow Go, but I think brain sports are cleaner/more reputable than the major sports, result manipulation-wised. Throw in Chess/Scrabble and whatnot.

I used to follow table tennis pro-tours. Maybe we could get chinese TT fans on counterparty betting this way. TT is freaking huge in China.

There needs to be some general predictions market, where people can post their feeds and earn a reputation… or whatever.

[quote author=deliciousowl link=topic=502.msg3228#msg3228 date=1409400082]
There needs to be some general predictions market, where people can post their feeds and earn a reputation… or whatever.
[/quote]
You're talking about a directory of broadcast feeds? That would be really cool. Each broadcasting entity could have a page listing all of their broadcast feeds, the individual broadcasts, their logo, a link to their website, etc. I actually think blockscan.com is the best candidate for adding this since they already have broadcast feeds.

[quote author=deliciousowl link=topic=502.msg3228#msg3228 date=1409400082]
[/quote]

What would the reputation be based on?

A tie in with the #bitcoin-otc web-of-trust would be good. Otherwise you're looking at setting up a reputation system from scratch. In that case, OpenBazaar just introduced proof-of-burn to increase the cost of closing up shop and starting fresh after pulling "the big dirty".

[quote author=weex link=topic=502.msg3252#msg3252 date=1409547272]
A tie in with the #bitcoin-otc web-of-trust would be good. Otherwise you're looking at setting up a reputation system from scratch. In that case, OpenBazaar just introduced proof-of-burn to increase the cost of closing up shop and starting fresh after pulling "the big dirty".
[/quote]

My understanding is that the #bitcoin-otc web-of-trust  is based on user nicks?? In counterparty however, your bitcoin (XCP, asset address, etc) address is what that carries weight.

[quote author=mtbitcoin link=topic=502.msg3257#msg3257 date=1409593152]
[quote author=weex link=topic=502.msg3252#msg3252 date=1409547272]
[/quote]

My understanding is that the #bitcoin-otc web-of-trust  is based on user nicks?? In counterparty however, your bitcoin (XCP, asset address, etc) address is what that carries weight.
[/quote]
Reputation can be attached to many things and brought together many ways. #bitcoin-otc allows authentication via bitcoin address so you could require that messages be signed using broadcast owner addresses stating that such and such bitcoin-otc user (name, address, gpg key) is in control of the broadcast. It's probably best to look at this from a high level and go from what would be the ideal use case for a user then figure out the easiest ways to make that happen for them.