Checking unconfirmed balances over JSON RPC

Is there any way for the JSON RPC to include unconfirmed (mempool) transactions?

In particular, I’d like at least to know if there’s any way to get the function get_balances to decrease if any transactions is sent from my wallet without waiting for the transaction confirmation (which could take several hours with the current state of the Bitcoin network).

If get_sends could be used for unconfirmed transactions too would be helpful… I’m getting notified of transactions with Bitcoin daemon’s walletnotify but how can I check its CounterParty data while it’s in the mempool?

$params = array(
        "order_by" => "tx_hash",
        "order_dir" => "asc",
        "filters" => array(
            array(
                "field" => "tx_hash",
                "op" => "==",
                "value" => $txID
            ), array(
                "field" => "asset",
                "op" => "==",
                "value" => $asset
            ), array(
                "field" => "status",
                "op" => "==",
                "value" => 'valid'
            )
        ),
        "start_block" => 0,
        "end_block" => $this->currentBlock()
    );
    $transactions = $this->counterpartyRPC->get_sends($params);

I’m using this code (making calls to CounterParty-server RPC) to check CounterParty assets transactions having such tx_hash but it only works for mined transactions.

I don’t know if there’s been any news since then, but check this out:

@jdogresorg have you found a good approach since?

Thanks for the reply.

How can I check unconfirmed CounterParty transactions?

EDIT: I found out how to do so,

I call bitcoind’s getrawtransaction, then CounterParty’s get_tx_info and unpack (by the way the API docs are wrong, the correct request parameter is data_hex, not tx_hex)

Thanks for letting us know, we’ll fix that.

Edit: data_hex doc bug was fixed in fix unpack API doc bug · CounterpartyXCP/Documentation@5cf67d6 · GitHub