Announcing the Start of the Counterparty Foundation 2016 Election - NOMINATION PERIOD (Apr 4th - Apr 18th)

Name: Koji Higashi

Bio: Co-founder of IndieSquare, a provider of (probably the best) mobile token wallet for both iOS and Android out there. (wallet.indiesquare.me) I am also involved in Spells of Genesis, a mobile game that integrates Counterparty to represent game items on the blockchain.

I have been around the Counterparty community since fall 2014 and have been experimenting with tokens and involved in projects using Counterparty. I am not an engineer and not very technical btw, so I do a bit of everything that doesn’t involve coding at IndieSquare and do mostly marketing for SoG.

How I can contribute

・ Advocate for non-financial use cases of Counterparty

My personal interest and projects’ that I’m involved with is applications of Counterparty outside the finance industry, such as gaming, content creation, and entertainment. I would like to represent that side of Counterparty community and offer my unique perspectives and experiences to improve the protocol and make more interesting and unique applications possible.
(This is of course not to discourage financial use cases of CP by any means)

・ Represent the Asian community and encourage more diversity and global reach

As I’m based in Japan, I have a close connection with the Japanese Bitcoin community and nowadays the interest for Counterparty and tokens is booming here. Despite this, the official information and resources in the Japanese language is very limited and that is slowing down the further growth of the community here for example.

I believe Counterparty can do a better job at localization and getting non-English speaking communities involved such as China and Japan. This part is not really about the technology but making conscious and consistent efforts for clear communication. I can certainly contribute in this regard.
My hope is to have at least one representative from Asia on the Counterparty board for global outreach.

Bitcoin Address:1MSu9tdgzo4eNLFUYAEQEEwppMNimqHGFC
Broadcast:Explore Decentralized Web

1 Like