What information to give an exchange about a counterparty token?

If your token is redeemable for a service or product you offer, it seems to me floating the token on Polo wouldn’t really benefit you much. Are there incentives for buyers to hoard on what you deliver?
For example, if you have OILCOIN that represents a fixed quantity of crude, some may want to hoard the token now and cash out later if the price of oil goes up. Assuming they believe you will be able to deliver.
But if you provide CONSULTHOUR, how many you can actually float? You could float 1000 tokens (not many) and it’d be likely that people would want to hoard it, or trade in it.
Long story short, it’d have to be something that makes sense.

In case they did float a your token they wouldn’t ask you for your Counterwallet address, but you should ask them.
As long as people can acquire coins through coinvend, they can send it to their Poloniex deposit address and sell it there. Others can buy it from those who sell. So no external details would be necessary.
Technically you could send few hundred coins to your Poloniex deposit address and act as market maker (and be the first seller), but again, that sounds a bit strange (may be considered unethical, too, I don’t know).

It seems you could take advantage of the Counterparty Distributed Exchange ( What is a distributed exchange? How do I use it? ).
Check out Indiesquare wallet ( Counterparty Mobile Wallet is Here! ) - it’s a mobile wallet that can interface with the DEx. And on DEx you can be a market maker just as you could on Poloniex.

2 Likes