Questions about asset descriptions

I don’t know by how much 41 might be cheaper than 52, but 9 bytes is not a big difference. If you look at the transaction size (maybe you need to use Bitcoin explorer) for my 52 byte example above, and compare with yours, you’d probably see that the former is maybe 430 bytes whereas the latter is 421 bytes (or something like that - the point is what matters is the difference).

Since BTC tx fees are calculated on a “per KB” basis, 9/1024 means you’d pay just 0.001% more, so if you normally pay 10,000 satoshis (assuming 20K/KB), you’d pay only 10,010 for 52 bytes. But you could also pay less to begin with (and wait 1 or 3 blocks longer) so in the end the difference is not worth mention unless you are a mega issuer of assets (and no one is).

Note that Counterwallet right now is fairly fixed in the way it calculates fees (that should be improved in the future), so you can use Counter-Tools or other way to set your a lower tx fee. With Counterwallet as of now maybe there’s no difference between 52 and 41 bytes. I issued the above with Counterwallet, by the way, but the fees can vary depending on time and congestion on the network, so if the difference in size is small to begin with, it’s not impossible that a larger transaction be cheaper than a small one (if the first one was created during congestion).