[Q&A] Counterparty Foundation Election 2016 Q&A

Hello,

Some questions for candidates.Please answer each question in brief. Max 3 sentences.

1. Do you believe XCP will be valuable in future?

2. What will drive the price of XCP?

3. Where do you see Counterparty in one year?

4. Where do you see Counterparty in five years?

5. How will you market XCP?

6. Do you believe smart contracts are useful?

@Marina hope you don’t mind me taking over your thread and turning it into an official 2016 Election Q&A :smiley:.

Everyone, please use this thread to ask questions to the candidates.

1. What you believe are future XCP price, lot of higher than now or staying low? And why.

2. You all answer for question “If I you are elected”, but if you are not, do you think do some work to help Counterparty?

3. Marketing?

To Maria:

Do you believe XCP will be valuable in future?

I’m not able to predict the future. The value proposition of XCP today is that it is useful for registering Counterparty assets.

What will drive the price of XCP?

Based on my prior response, I would say raising awareness about the usefulness of a Counterparty asset, the existing use cases: BITCRYSTALS, SJCX, LTBCOIN, FLDC, GEMZ, SCOTCOIN, and the surrounding ecosystem: CounterWallet, IndieSquare, Blockscan, XChain, Blocktrail, Tokenly, CoinDaddy, ShapeShift, Poloniex, Bittrex, etc.

Where do you see Counterparty in one year?

I’d like to see Counterparty continue to work, especially for the projects already deployed and using the protocol. And I’d like to see decisions which put stability and usability of the protocol ahead of inventing XCP use cases and price action, as to attract developers rather than speculators (who invite themselves no matter what).

Where do you see Counterparty in five years?

In crypto, five years is “far future”, but I see Counterparty working better than it is today which should result in even more usage than we see today. I see Counterparty becoming more compatible with improvements made to Bitcoin and we’ll see hundreds of thousands of assets.

How will you market XCP?

I believe the job description of Community Director is to be a community member extraordinaire more than it is marketing as such. I think Community Directors should represent the interests of community members, existing projects, help on-board new developers and users, and dissuade scammers.

Do you believe smart contracts are useful?

I believe that smart contracts will find an efficiency, but I do not think you’ll like that efficiency. The same way most banks aren’t too excited about the major efficiency of Bitcoin itself: regulatory arbitrage / dark markets. I am concerned about the ability of the Counterparty system to support smart contracts since the number of federated servers is at best measured in dozens, and smart contracts may introduce a great deal of new bugs and halting instability across that system.

…

To PerOmon:

What you believe are future XCP price, lot of higher than now or staying low? And why.

I do not know about the future XCP price.

You all answer for question “If I you are elected”, but if you are not, do you think do some work to help Counterparty?

I do not understand.

Marketing?

As stated earlier, I do not believe this is a major role of community directors, but I feel like content creation is the best form of marketing and I am a content creator.

BTW - I am Dan Anderson.

To Maria:

With increased adoption of Counterparty, the price of XCP should follow. This is a general statement, see the following answers.

The market now is so thin that a single person buying or selling can drives the price on a daily basis. In the medium perspective the price depends on speculative demand. In the longer run, real demand for fees, for DEX trading, for betting, etc gives XCP real value.

The protocol will have some more features, including the EVM. Actual use has increased lately and I believe more users will come. The network effect is strong and CP thrives as the #1 crypto token platform.

The digital token technology is in its infancy. I cannot even predict what tokens will be used for in five years, but it’s quite obvious that the use-cases and number of users will be many, many times higher. Counterparty, as the #1 platform today has a good shot at keeping this position.

How will you market XCP?

I will help with 3rd party integration, code, and support. I am not much of a marketing guy, so this role I will leave to someone else.

Absolutely. A better term for ‘smart contracts’ is ‘programmable escrow’. People will certainly find uses for such contracts, although it’s impossible to say which uses that will take off. This is the beauty these fundamental building blocks that Counterparty features.

…

To PerOmon:

What you believe are future XCP price, lot of higher than now or staying low? And why.

If Counterparty succeeds, the XCP price will follow. I focus only on making Counterparty-the-protocol succeed.

You all answer for question “If I you are elected”, but if you are not, do you think do some work to help Counterparty?

I’ve been active in the community since the very beginning, and plan to stay around regardless of the election outcome
Marketing?

See anseer to How will you market XCP? above.

Candidate #5 - JP Janssen

@Marina

XCP will always hold some value since it is used to register named assets. As for the PRICE of XCP in the future, I believe that as more users/developers start utilizing the platform, the need for XCP will rise, as will the price.

2. What will drive the price of XCP?
    The price can be driven up/down for any number of reasons. I believe the price should be driven up by increased developer usage.

3. Where do you see Counterparty in one year?
    I believe over the next year we will see the number of registered assets rise to over 100K, the EVM will be released which will attract a decent number of developers looking to use smart contracts, and we will see 10-15 new projects (similar to IndieSquare, Tokenly, Coindaddy, etc)

4. Where do you see Counterparty in five years?
    It is too difficult to predict the future 5 years out, but I hope to see continued adoption of the platform, and would venture to say CP will probably have over 250K registered assets and 250-500 projects using platform.

5. How will you market XCP?
    I am not a marketer and so I don’t have a plan for the best way to market counterparty. I believe that the best way to grow the platform is to market directly to developers, and I look forward to working with the other community directors and the marketers we already have in the community to develop a cohesive marketing plan.

6. Do you believe smart contracts are useful?
    Yes, I believe smart contracts can be useful. As to what they are useful for, the jury is still out on that, too early to tell.

@PerOmon

1. What you believe are future XCP price, lot of higher than now or staying low? And why.
    I believe that the XCP price will rise as the platform continues to gain additional users and projects.

2. You all answer for question “If I you are elected”, but if you are not, do you think do some work to help Counterparty?
    Yes, I plan to continue supporting the counterparty community reguardless of if I am elected or now. I plan on adding additional features and APIs to counterpartychain.io, as well as work on a few other counterparty related projects.

3. Marketing?
    See above answer #5

Candidate #2 - Jeremy Johnson aka “J-Dog”

Koji Higashi (Candidate #9)

Yes, if we keep building good projects and tools on the protocol. The XCP price is not really my focus or main concern though. I’m more concerned about building good products and maintaining an active community. Then the XCP price should follow.

1. What will drive the price of XCP?

Quality projects on the platform, active community and user adoption

1. Where do you see Counterparty in one year?

As my main project is application of Counterparty for games, I see a number of games use Counterparty to tokenize game assets and trade them on the blockchain. In turn, we should have more users and more CP txs in one year.

1. Where do you see Counterparty in five years?

Hard to say. So, I refrain from answering this question.

1. How will you market XCP?

More clear communication and getting non English speakers more involved(China, Japan, etc…)

Again, my main focus is not really the XCP price but help the community communicate Counterparty’s progress and roadmap with wider audience.

1. Do you believe smart contracts are useful?

I believe so. Especially if a lightning network type capability is enabled on Counterparty using smart contracts, that will be a killer feature(although I’m not technical enough this is even feasible)

See above. If you are interested in the XCP price pump, you probably shouldn’t vote for me. But if we keep up building good projects and have clear communication with Bitcoin community as a whole, the XCP price should follow.

1. You all answer for question “If I you are elected”, but if you are not, do you think do some work to help Counterparty?

Yes, absolutely. I will do what I’ve been doing with IndieSquare and Spells of Genesis whether I am elected or not, but I thought I could be of use for the community and help it move forward. That’s all.

9. Marketing?

Clear communication( publishing roadmap, media relations, outreach to non-English communities etc)

Dr. Shamu- El
Candidate No 10

Yes I know XCP will be valuable as it’s on one of the best platforms out right now which is counterparty. I also have a valuable asset issued on the counterparty exchange, which I look forward to pegging against my digital asset & fiat token called “Nomni”.

To drive the price of XCP, we should peg it to a government back token like Nomni created on Counterparty, which will build its demand by public consent, making the use of XCP more convenient to the public sector. Bringing in governments that are ready for the new financial system, economy, and change.

I see Counterparty being the world popular and more reliable exchanges. Sparking the attention of the financial sectors of the world’s governments. Along with civil society making CounterParty the central decentralized exchange for all commerce.

I see counterparty being the world’s next Industrial decentralize commerce exchanges. Making counterparty the central exchange for the world governments financial markets. Which will make Counterparty the market, business, & commercial standard for issuing new assets, verification, trading between not just individuals but governments.

How will you market XCP?
I will market XCP through our own mediums of networks, social media networks, and political campaigns for civil, social, & economic reforms. By getting XCP to influencers, civic & community leaders, and representatives. By creating our own counterpartycoin.io site will do asset enhancement for “nomni” and create a vending machine for those who want to participate & purchase shares in our first counterparty crypto-banks.

Yes smart contracts are the future and the actions we see now of their use should explain that simply by actions of CP & other similar platforms. Governments, most businesses and central banks are not foreign to the use of smart contracts. The use of block chains solidify there permanent position as a business standard now & for the distant future.

Thank you,
Duly honored
General Solutions to
H.I.M Dr. Lawiy Zodok El

FYI… this election happened last year. The new election does not start for another few months.

Thank J-dog and I know am just getting it in early.

ok cool. Glad to see you will be running in the next election :slight_smile:

1 Like