Default error at fednode install full master

Hi, first post:
I am doing a, fednode install full master on Ubuntu1604.
First error in fednode.py was the logname which I changed to whoami.
Next error is the following:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/configparser.py”, line 1138, in _unify_values
sectiondict = self._sections[section]
KeyError: ‘Default’

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/bin/fednode”, line 464, in
main()
File “/usr/local/bin/fednode”, line 291, in main
build_config = config.get(‘Default’, ‘config’)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/configparser.py”, line 781, in get
d = self._unify_values(section, vars)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/configparser.py”, line 1141, in _unify_values
raise NoSectionError(section)
configparser.NoSectionError: No section: ‘Default’

I did a search and someone had the similar in ´16 but no resolution, any one?
TY:v::point_right::muscle::pray:

1 Like

You might want to update your ubuntu version.

I am running Ubuntu 18.04 with no issues.

1 Like

Great,I will use 1804 then. TY

Okay updated to 18.04 but how do I update Bitcoin core to v17.1?
I cp all blockchain data from a fully synced v17.1 node to the /volumes/federatednode_bitcoin-data/_data/ folder and I keep getting a reindex message in the log.

Bitcoin 0.17.1 isn’t officially supported on Counterparty yet… but I’ve been running it for a month or so with no issues.

you can edit federatednode/extras/docker/bitcoin/Dockerfile to replace the following lines :

# install bitcoin core
ENV BITCOIN_VER="0.17.1"
ENV BITCOIN_FOLDER_VER="0.17.1"
ENV BITCOIN_SHASUM="53ffca45809127c9ba33ce0080558634101ec49de5224b2998c489b6d0fc2b17"

then run fednode rebuild bitcoin

Yes, the blockchain data format changed slightly in 0.17.1 so 0.16.3 can’t read the block data.

1 Like

Jip, thats why I asked, thank you for your fast replies.

1 Like

yesss, working.
On to the next one.

TY

Ps: are you one of the coders of counterparty or a “poweruser”? :sunglasses:

Inb4 I tried to change the fednode-bitcoin.conf so it could use my running 17.1 node as that is serving my external wallets, LND and are fully synced.
But the docker containers have an iptables/UFW issue. They do not want to talk to the node on the host.
I am building a full counterparty stack with my running bitcoin node, Lightning node, BTCpayserver and some minor other additions.
As the docker - UFW issue is stopping me from connecting to my running node, I now use the Counterparty bitcoin node and will see if I can connect with LND, etc.

Any ideas suggestions how to solve the container issue or what am I doing wrong? is it even an issue?

TY

1 Like

I am not a counterparty coder, I have written some Counterparty Improvement Proposals (CIPs), the xchain.io block explorer, and some other misc Counterparty projects, but I don’t actually work on the python codebase.

As far as the docker communication issues, I am not really a big docker user, so probably best to ask someone like @chiguireitor who has more experience with docker. It might be something simple like exposing a port via the EXPOSE keyword in the dockerfile.

2 Likes

Okay, good to know.

So you have built the full counterparty stack from source without the dockers?

1 Like

I have not. I tend to stick with fednode build process as it greatly simplifies the building/updating process.

1 Like

Right, I see I assumed wrongly that “I am not really a big docker user” meant you where not using the Counterparty dockers at all. My bad.

1 Like