Counterparty Mobile Wallet is Here!

Hi, there

I’m Koji from Indie■(pronounced Indie Square)

We have just updated our Counterparty Mobile Wallet in Play Store(ver 0.4.0). UI improvement and some bug fixes were made. iOS update will follow in a week or so although ver 0.3.5 is already available in appstore.

If you haven’t yet, please install it and let us know what you think.We are aware that there are still a number of bugs and the UI/UX have lots of room for improvement. So your feedback is much appreciated!
(I am going to set up a bug report document or something, but for now you can just leave comments here)

We are super excited about our project and Counterparty going mobile. We believe the true potential of Counterparty(Ticket, Loyalty program, Voting, etc…) will be unleashed by this.

We will post more about our project beyond mobile wallet and our vision/focus on a separate page somewhere. So, keep an eye on it as well!

Appreciate your support

About us

Indie■(Indie Square) is a two-some team and my business partner,Yuta,is doing all the development currently.

We are based in Tokyo and have been working on Counterparty since last November.

Some of you have already spotted the app and us, but we officially come out of stealth mode after this update and will try to be more active in the Counterparty community as well.

More questions about our team and project? Contact us at support@indiesquare.me or wait for our upcoming press release.

7 Likes

Great start and something that is much needed.

Assurances about security will be most helpful for the new token user.

Thank you for this product, and I am looking forward to the iOS update.

1 Like

I have a video review up for this application if anyone wants to view this. I look forward to seeing what the developers do with this and hope to see this open sourced soon:

https://youtu.be/LBa6d_ih0Fg

Good work!

At 8m20s of the video that Robert embedded below, that error message should probably be different (i.e. to not show what it shows).

Awesome! Glad to see mobile movement commencing with counterparty. Looking forward to hearing what else you guys have in store. Best of luck!

Thanks for the comment!

iOS update will be rolled out probably sometime this week.

We are in discussion as to when and how(and how much) to open-source the code but yes,we are aware that security is the community’s first priority.

Thanks!

Blockchain in gaming and for game assets is one of the things we are working on now but that’s not everything.

We will definitely keep you updated.

I set up a google form for bug report. Please fill in the form to report any bugs you found. Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1qyqrATcc8H7iYrS4Ala-XJxpj-Wa8ezuBvNzIrm9PUs/viewform

2 Likes

Thats what I was hoping to hear :slight_smile: I myself am also working on a Gaming project as well, i would love to discuss further and share what we’re working on & have in store. Their’ is def. work relationship potential, none the less i’m a big fan of the progress and focus. Will ping your support address, and need a night or two to play with the iOs app before gladly filling out the google form :+1:

Cheers!

1 Like

Nice wallet :+1:

I really like the fact that it uses a passphrase. I will use the mobile wallet interchangeably with Counterwallet and other tools.

iOS app has been updated and it looks a little bit better now.

We are now focusing on security and are planning to open source the code when we are ready. Feedback or bug reports are much appreciated!

Meanwhile, now Counterparty gone mobile, I wanted to ask you guys what would be good/interesting applications of Counterparty technology from your mobile devices.

We are doing some experiments like e-tickets, participation points, mobile game applications, and access token to digital contents. But if there are anything else, you think you can do with mobile wallet, do let us know and experiment with it!

More news and updates will be coming soon.

Koji

My ‘wish list’:

1. Have asset name as alias for address. E.g. when sending, type JPJA to get 1AnRKzwPZSPFUmjK822LBzfVd1CLJd9fGa (this is the owner of JPJA).

2. Allow sending of specified BTC amount together with a Counterparty asset in one transaction. I think this is possible, there just isn’t any wallet that has implemented it yet. This can be useful for discount tokens,

4 Likes

Thanks for the comment!

Use of alias is definitely a possibility. We might test it out using LTB’s system first.

As for discount tokens, that’s a very interesting idea. We are thinking of something similar for the use of tokens at merchants but we will definitely consider your suggestion as well.

If you have any other great applications or ideas, let us know!

This new view on the iOS looks great! I will update my video as soon as i can :slight_smile: I think using the LTB system would be great as not only will it help the adoption of LTB, but also its already built so you do not have to reinvent the wheel.

Discount token gets a +1 from me as this would be helpful for some projects of mine. Keep up the good work

2 Likes

Looking forward to your next video!

Mobile Counterwallet has been updated to ver 0.5.2 on both iOS and Android! Client side encryption and some bug fixes.

Also, we have open sourced the client side source code. Please the check it at IndieSquare’s github page. https://github.com/IndieSquare/counterwallet

We are still working hard to improve the app and add some more features to support indie creators using tokens.

Let me know what you think! Any feedback is welcome.

5 Likes

keep up the good work :smiley: I cant wait to see what you guys do with this. Also right now I am not seeing any other competition in the space for another CW mobile solution except fro GEMZ that only supports their token and BTC.

I tweeted my sheer pleasure at seeing and using this app. I wish you all the best in your endeavors. I truly believe that as regulatory framework solidifies and the Dex allows BTC trades, this platform will explode. Your wallet could see a massive boost.

would be nice if you could see the assets for more than just one of your counterwallet addresses in the mobile wallet.

Thanks!

Yeah I agree. BTC-Token trade is critical for Dex and is something we are looking in closely now. Say, the reason Counterwallet.io stopped supporting BTC trades in the Dex is purely due to US regulatory uncertainty?