Bets

Hi Guys,

betting could be a killer app for counterparty.

I saw bets today in the wallet i hope that means we can make bets soon.

Question? Where can i find feeds that i can bet on? [font=Verdana][size=78%]I looked up an address in the blockscan the btc/usd feed but i could not make it work.[/size][/font]

Is it still work in progress?

I guess my question is can we make bets yet?

[quote author=knircky link=topic=363.msg2480#msg2480 date=1401258830]
[/quote]

Both bets and CFDs have beeen available since day one, and betting has recently been implemented in Counterwallet.

[quote author=knircky link=topic=363.msg2480#msg2480 date=1401258830]
[/quote]

Yes absolutely. You might want to check this Counterparty-Powered (Counterpowered!) Betting Exchange out - http://countersports.com/.

very cool!!!

Can’t wait. this might be quite disruptive especially in the US with proper marketing.

I am not able to make a bet in counterwallet. If i put in the btc address of the feed i cant bet.

Since there are not any bet i assume its not mu stupidity.

I am not able to make a bet in counterwallet. If i put in the btc address of the feed i cant bet.
> Since there are not any bet i assume its not mu stupidity.

Your explanation seems a bit fuzzy. You put the BTC address of the feed where? What was your command? Did you wager meet the minimum conditions set by the person on the opposite side of the bet?  Did you get any error? What was the error you got?
Provide inputs and outputs of your counterparty bet command if you think it’s a bug.
I’m quite sure it wasn’t a bug because I successfully created broadcasts and bets and they’re both working fine.

I was able to create a broadcast using counterwallet.

When i try to make a bet using counterwallet i get no where.

Again i am not doing this via code, i am using counterwallet.

In counterwallet you can click on
> make bet

Then you are to provide a URL or BTC address. When i provide the BTC address and click next, the interface provides no further inputs that would let me specify the bet.

I used the BTC address that broadcast the BTC/USD price all the time.

[color=rgb(51, 51, 51)][font=Helvetica Neue][size=13px]This is the address i am trying to make a bet with.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=rgb(51, 51, 51)][font=Helvetica Neue][/size][/font][/color][color=rgb(51, 51, 51)][font=Helvetica Neue][/size][size=13px]1E7qexXyupzYqx9R6rbUt2PciyTZ35MBDf.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][/color]
[color=#333333][font=helvetica neue, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/size][size=2]It should be quite easy to verifyu if this works in your counterwallet or not.
[/size][size=13px][/font][/color]
[color=rgb(51, 51, 51)][font=Helvetica Neue][/size][/font][/color]
[color=rgb(51, 51, 51)][font=Helvetica Neue][/size][/font][/color]

1. If if works in CLI mode (for me it does, I tried) and it doesn’t in Counterwallet then it’s not a counterpartyd problem.
    It may or may not be a Counterwallet problem.

2. I haven’t used Counterwallet for anything other than to receive and send XCP, but looking at that address, it says there’s no XCP on it, so it makes sense that you can’t place any bets from that address.
    http://www.blockscan.com/address.aspx?q=1E7qexXyupzYqx9R6rbUt2PciyTZ35MBDf

3. I checked out Counterwallet’s betting menu - I don’t think it is finished yet.
    Unless the devs have plans to finish that functionality sometime soon, I suggest you use CLI or xcpfeeds.info to place bets.
    (I don’t speak for the devs and don’t have insight in their plans, by the way).

[quote author=something link=topic=363.msg2516#msg2516 date=1401696555]

2. I haven’t used Counterwallet for anything other than to receive and send XCP, but looking at that address, it says there’s no XCP on it, so it makes sense that you can’t place any bets from that address.
http://www.blockscan.com/address.aspx?q=1E7qexXyupzYqx9R6rbUt2PciyTZ35MBDf

3. I checked out Counterwallet’s betting menu - I don’t think it is finished yet.
Unless the devs have plans to finish that functionality sometime soon, I suggest you use CLI or xcpfeeds.info to place bets.
(I don’t speak for the devs and don’t have insight in their plans, by the way).
[/quote]

to 2. this is the broadcast address, not my address i want to make the bet from.

3. I think so too. It does not appear to work yet.

PS. i tried to install counterpartyd but it would not on my win8 pc. So i am using counterwallet. Im pretty sure that counterwalletd just like bitcoind is unusable for normal users. (i.e. needs local copy of blockchain etc)

1. About address 1E7qexXyupzYqx9R6rbUt2PciyTZ35MBDf being a feed address.
    Okay, I looked that up and it seems it’s a CfD type of broadcast.
    The current Counterwallet betting functionality seems limited to binary bets (look it up at the top of the Make a bet page).
    But like I said it doesn’t seem to work for binary bets at the moment so I’d just watch the Counterwallet forum for new developments.

2. XCP on Win 8.1: well, that’s interesting.
    I don’t know how the devs feel about supporting Win 8.1.
    You could open a Win 8.1 support thread for this in appropriate part of these forums.
    Or you could try to install VirtualBox (https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads) and then an Ubuntu 14.04 VM for Counterwallet/counterpartyd, but that seems like a lot of hassle. I have Counterpartyd on Windows 7, it’s running fine, but I don’t have Win 8.1.

My reccomendation is to install Counterpartyd on Win 8.1 and use the CLI for betting/broadcasts, it’s not difficult at all.
    Post your logs/issues on the support forum and I’ll try to help.

[quote author=knircky link=topic=363.msg2490#msg2490 date=1401312341]
very cool!!!

Can’t wait. this might be quite disruptive especially in the US with proper marketing.

[/quote]

I too am unable to create a bet in counterwallet.

I am able to make a bet.

When you go to:

https://xbet.io

You can click on a bet and create a feed that seems to work on counterwallet.

Very Very cool!!!

There is also http://betxcp.com

[quote author=slashbinslashbash link=topic=363.msg2547#msg2547 date=1402041090]
[quote author=knircky link=topic=363.msg2490#msg2490 date=1401312341]
very cool!!!

Can't wait. this might be quite disruptive especially in the US with proper marketing.

[/quote]

I too am unable to create a bet in counterwallet.
[/quote]

It's a known issue, watch this link and look for the CW version in which it will be fixed/implemented. When that enters production, you'll be able to.
https://github.com/CounterpartyXCP/counterwallet/issues/374