[ANN] SPECULATE - Weekly payouts!

Hey everyone.

I am officially announcing a new experimental token based off of Counterparty called "SPECULATE". SPECULATE is a token which represents a community "crypto-asset" investment fund and pays out XBTC interest every saturday based on the earnings during that week. The basic idea is that funds are used to buy up "crypto stocks" and various other tokens (like on Counterparty), usually ones that pay out some sort of weekly, daily or monthly dividend. Including cloud mining and day trading operations, website profit sharing and other projects / ventures. Income received from investments is paid out once per week in the form of XBTC.

This project is formed out of the ashes of my previous "investment fund" project, PETAMINE. If you had any PETAMINE tokens previously, you should now have an equal amount of SPECULATE tokens as well, and all funds received from that project have moved into bootstrapping this one.

In addition to receiving weekly payouts, holding any SPECULATE tokens also gives you access to the private "SPECULATE Crypto Fund" forum on Lets Talk Bitcoin.

continued… (whats with the hugely limiting character count here?)

How does it work, what’s the deal?

There are 100,000 total units of SPECULATE in existence. Every week, all income received from our various investments is added up and paid out to any address that holds some tokens. Payouts are made in the form of XBTC, which is a Counterparty token directly convertible 1:1 with Bitcoin, and has the advantage of allowing dust payments (receive payments down to 1 satoshi) and easier / cheaper trading on the decentralized exchange (DEX).

In addition to the weekly payouts, every week a certain amount of the total income earned is reinvested back into the fund (typically to buy more shares in something). This percentage depends on how many unsold tokens there are. For example, if only 25,000 of the 100,000 tokens have been sold, then 75% of the weekly payouts are directly re-invested (because 75% of total payout goes back to the main holding address). If 50,000 tokens sold, then only 50% reinvested, and so on. If all 100,000 tokens are sold, then there is no reinvestment. At that point, a community decision could be made to issue additional tokens and expand the fund further.

continued part 3… cant fit whole post in thread

After every weekly payout, the “base price” of the token changes, depending on how much the latest payout was. This is the price that you can directly purchase tokens for. The weekly price formula is as follows:

(last weekly payout per token) X (32 weeks)

Example: weekly payout of 0.00000200 XBTC per token = new price of 0.000064 BTC per new token.

In theory, as more tokens get sold, more BTC can be invested in projects, which increases the weekly dividends and in turn increases the price every week.

Ok, so how do I get started?

• Make sure you have your Counterparty compatible wallet setup (http://counterwallet.io/)
  • Fund your wallet and then send any amount of BTC, XBTC or XCP to the funding address: 1DmQxBqx7QTuZ4D4yv3tpebbAGa4cpiqAk
  • Wait up to 24 hours (usually a lot faster) to receive your SPECULATE tokens.
  • Enjoy your weekly earnings!

Tokens given for XCP contributions will be based on the latest BTC/XCP exchange rate.

For stats, how many tokens are available and what the current price is, please see the original official thread (I will not be updating this current thread often): http://letstalkbitcoin.com/forum/post/speculatexcp-weekly-payouts

This guy ^^^ hope its legit

(whats with the hugely limiting character count here?)

It was increased recently, but I’m not sure before or after your post. Spammers are going wild… There’s hundreds of them registered here, but fortunately the antispam plugin has been doing a good job.

so how’s the speculation going?

so how's the speculation going?

quite well actually. Earnings and dividends have consistently been going up every week SPECULATE Fund Reports - Google Sheets

Any updates? I see your still maintaining the spreadsheets which is great :slight_smile: Would be nice if we could see the weekly earnings boiled down to a percentage increase/decrease each week.

Also, what are your feelings on how this will scale? Do you think there is enough liquidity in assets yet that you could scale the investment level up and still be able to make same returns? Finally, what are your criteria for choosing what investments you put funds into?

Not too much exciting, I have been keeping up on it and keeping up with payouts, but I havn’t been able to spend as much time as I would like working on the project lately. No plans to end it anytime soon though. We also have a private message board where things are talked about in a bit more detail (although also a bit quiet lately) over at http://letstalkbitcoin.com which you can access if you own at least 1 SPECULATE token.

“Would be nice if we could see the weekly earnings boiled down to a percentage increase/decrease each week.”

Do you mean just another column in the spreadsheet that shows how much total earnings have changed from week to week?

Also, what are your feelings on how this will scale? Do you think there is enough liquidity in assets yet that you could scale the investment level up and still be able to make same returns?

TBH actually, I don’t think it will scale to much, at least not yet. From what I have seen there just isn’t enough reliable (as far as crypto stuff goes) assets out there to be able to dump a ton of money in to and not have a very high chance of getting majorly burned. Also with the current scheme for the token, only up to 10,000 tokens are available for purchase at any one time, which is only a bit over 0.5 BTC in value at the current rates. Kind of limited/restricted on purpose.

If I do decide to kick this up a few levels, there will probably need to be some changes such as to the the pricing and/or issuance structure, store everything on multisig addresses, make things more auditable etc… we’l see how things go. For now it’s mostly just me playing around with a few thousand worth of BTC :smile: about 60% of the total amount invested has been paid back already to, so that’s not too bad.

Finally, what are your criteria for choosing what investments you put funds into?

The main thing that I look for is regular and reliable dividend payments. I’m looking for stuff that pays out daily, weekly or monthly (not quarterly or once in a blue moon). Unfortunately out of the tokens and assets out there that do actually pay dividends, its hard to find ones that are active about their payouts and don’t just give up and disappear after a few weeks. So far the most reliable and biggest earner has been B.MINE from Havelock (bitcoin mining derivative).

I also very much want to focus on purchasing equity-type tokens built on Counterparty as much as possible as opposed to buying on these random centralized services. If you know of any projects out there that might be of interest, let me know. Last time I checked, my two tokens (SPECULATE and EARNFREEBTC) were the most frequently paying tokens by far in the XCP ecosystem, I’d like to see some more players though :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes

willdo :slight_smile:

do you pay coins everyweek to us ? I have an old counterwallet and I dont know how to add it here