[AMA] We are the Counterparty Foundation Community Director candidates

• Do potential developers know about existing bounties? I donated the proceeds of PEPE to CIP3, escrowed by J-Dog / the foundation’s bounty program. It was about $500. It’s not the most challenging implementation to code, and I believe we’ll find a developer if we look for one.

• Make guides to start developing for Counterparty. The largest challenge - for me at least - is simply how to get started. This is why I personally haven’t attempted to code for Counterparty directly, and instead focused on javascript tools.

• Create demand for XCP. If XCP is more valuable, so will the bounties and the desire to develop. Just to be clear; I strongly condemn punp’n’dump but I do advocate real demand for XCP. I propose a randomness oracle as something that will enable real demand for XCP lotteries.

In one word- revolutionary. A digital token platform is something completely new and its value is still to be discovered. Pepe and game cards are just a few first really cool initial use cases.

I miss the early days when features such as CFDs (contracts for difference) and rock-paper-scissor were part of the protocol. I’m not saying these two should necessarily be re-enabled but I want serious efforts to add useful features. With more debates, visions and real goals to improve Counterparty, I think we’ll attract more people to the community.

I won’t hide the fact that I want more demand for XCP. Real usefulness of XCP is necessary to attract more money and development into the protocol.

I am one of the most active users on the forum and on Slack. I’ll work to create a good atmosphere for debates, help to formalize the best ideas into CIPs and assist the bounty program in any way I can.

No. I think it’s socially impossible (would lead to a fork - many would insist on staying on BTC). If you really want to, you can experiment with Dogeparty. It’s a Counterparty fork on Dogecoin. No one has used it for one-two years though.

I am not sure. It will require significant developer commitment to address bugs/issues for years to come. Maybe some other, less complex virtual machine is a better idea? Or perhaps better make it simple - add only hard coded features that are in demand?

1 Like