Address has gone out of wallet

Yesterday I added a new address to my counterwallet.

12Gm27zr5zm3kT39xcgYWB29ibXfMnWR55
I made a multisig address with it and send some bitcoins there.

Today I open my wallet and I don’t see this address there.
I see 1ET6Ty8BTjtR5PompP2HTQKGBg7KkYgSw3 instead.

So, now I cannot get no private or public key for the gone address, multisig address become useless and its coins are locked.

Addresses are never really gone. Have you tried this https://forums.counterparty.io/discussion/972/counterwallet-passphrase-address-key-generator-tool#latest

Is your address there?

Thanks for the great tool, @mtbitcoin

I see both addresses, and have all the keys now!

Anyway, it looks like a serious bug in Counterwallet: address should not disappear after being added.

Yes, it’s an annoyance that’s been around for months. You can add a new address and in all likelihood the “disassociated” address should appear.

never mind

just logged in and i’m having this issue as well.

when i put the address in as watch only i get a notification that the address is already in my wallet, however it does not show up again, even after log out/log in

@Dominik_Zynis I believe this issue was never fully resolved. Would you be up for creating a few additional addresses, that should make the old address appear in the wallet again?

nevermind I am not 100% sure that 12 words belonged to that address, as i do have the privkey in another location. I think it did belong to it, however I can’t prove it. :slight_smile:

When i used the tool on blockscan to print out 99 (max it allowed) address based on the HD wallet key the address didn’t come up.

So i think you’ll need to find someone else. Or have the org do the testing. But as I have been informed counterwallet team does not seem to have plans for long term support of this.

Counterwallet Helper (https://forums.counterparty.io/t/is-it-possible-to-create-the-list-of-addresses-from-counterwallet-pass-phrase/1223/2) can work to a search depth of at least 10,000 addresses (I tested just now).

You could run it to an arbitrary depth, output result to file and go see a movie, then come back and check whether your address is or isn’t there.

i believe i see you had this resolved in the skype chat, is that correct?

I have also lost an address which has a fair few tokens attached … not happy. How to use this tool

[edit] ok so generating a new address, regenerated the same address … i get it. Phew